PAC Registration Tips - Palo Alto College (2024)


Palo Alto College Schedule/Catalog 2021-2022 [Archived Catalog]

Print-Friendly Page (opens a new window)

Add to Publication (opens a new window)

• Getting Started

• Most Frequently Asked Questions

• Where Can i Get … ?


The Welcome Center is your first stop and “link for success.” If you have questions about any aspect of the registration process, contact the Center at 210-486-3100 or visit us in Palomino Center, Room 103.


  • Complete and submit your admission application by viewing the tutorial at the following website
  • In order to complete the ApplyTexas application, you will need a valid email address.
  • If you are considering applying for Financial Aid, your Social Security number will be required.


  • First Time In College students (FTIC) must submit an official high school transcript or official GED test scores to Admissions and Records.
  • Official high school transcript must be sealed or sent electronically by the high school.
  • Submit a final official transcript that includes the high school graduation date before the end of your first semester


  • You are strongly encouraged to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at
  • Allow a minimum of 3 to 4 weeks to complete the financial aid process
  • Complete financial aid literacy at and submit completion certificate to financial aid office.
  • Check ACES (financial aid tab) for financial aid status(Student Tab>Web Services>Student & Financial Aid>Financial Aid Tab)
  • To look for PAC General Scholarships, visit:
  • Please consult for Priority and Processing Guarantee Dates.
    • Fall Deadline: May 1; Spring Deadline: Nov 1
  • PAC Federal School Code: 016615


  • Students under 22 years of age must submit evidence of receiving a bacterial meningitis vaccination or booster dose during the five year period prior to enrollment to Admissions and Records.
  • The law allows for few exceptions. You may obtain additional information at:


  • In order to test with Alamo Colleges, you must complete the GO FAARR and TEST PREP Modules in ACES.
  • Once you have received your letter from Alamo Colleges with your ACES information, visit click onHow do I get my username and password?
  • Login toACES
  • OpenStart Here tab
  • Click on each ENROLL button to access the Go FAARR and Test Prep modules to begin the AlamoENROLL requirements


  • Information on the placement exam is available at
  • After you complete the TSI Assessment, you will need to see an advisor for post-assessment advising.
  • During post-assessment advising, you will receive your scores and an advisor will help you determine if you need to enroll in a refresher course.
  • Test scores for SAT and ACT cannot be older than 5 years.
  • Exit Level TAKS, TSI, Asset, and THEA cannot be older than 5 years.


  • Refresher courses are FREE and give you the opportunity to save time and money!
  • The refresher courses give you a second opportunity to move into a higher developmental course or a college-level course, and refresher courses are only required for students who do not place at college level on the TSI exam.
  • You will be scheduled for refresher courses during post-assessment advising.


  • You must register for on-campus New Student Orientation to receive information about valuable campus resources.
  • You will also receive academic advising assistance which will allow you to register for courses!
  • The above eight steps MUST be completed prior to registering for New Student Orientation, and a staff member will verify completion before registration for NSO.
  • Students may register for New Student Orientation by visiting the Welcome Center (Palomino Center 103) or by calling 210.486.3100.


  • Account summary can be viewed through ACES (Student Tab>Web Services>Student & Financial Aid>Student Account).
  • Tuition bills will not be mailed.
  • Tuition payment must be made via credit card or check via your ACES account.
  • Cash payments are accepted at the Business Office in the Palomino Center.
  • Payment in full or by installments must be made by the payment deadlines, or you will be dropped from your classes.


  • There is a connection between attendance, classroom participation, and good grades.
  • Your first week of class, especially the first day, provides you with important information for the rest of the semester.
  • The Alamo Colleges District requires regular and punctual attendance in all classes. Your absences are recorded immediately.
  • Fall 2014: If you DO NOT attend on the FIRST DAY of each class in which you are enrolled, you will be DROPPED from the class.


VIA BusPasses:

  • VIA bus passes are available for students during the Fall and Spring semesters. A VALID COLLEGE STUDENT PICTURE ID is required. VIA Bus Passes may be picked up on-campus at the Business Office.

Parking Permits:

  • CAMPUS ACCESS FEE: The Alamo Colleges District recognizes that ALL students need access to all five colleges, the community centers and the District offices. Therefore, beginning Fall 2013 all Alamo Colleges District students will pay a Campus Access Fee at a rate of $25.00 per semester not to exceed $50.00 per year. The access fee provides:

  • Access to all campus facilities.

  • A VIA bus pass for students who ride the VIA bus after registration has been completed and payment has been made.

  • A safe environment and continuous security.

  • PARKING DECALS: Parking decals are not required for students.

Student ID:
Contact Student Life to obtain your new student ID once your tuition bill has been paid.


Is there an orientation course for new students? Do I have to take it?
Yes, Palo Alto College requires all students entering the college with fewer than 15 college level credit hours to enroll in a Student Development course and/or a Learning Frameworks course. Two courses, SDEV 0370: College Success and EDUC 1300: Foundations for College Learning, satisfy this requirement. The course includes strategies every student needs to be successful in college - time management, test-taking, critical thinking, stress management, learning strategies, career decisions, tips on student rights and responsibilities, and assistance with declaring a major and course advisem*nt for the subsequent semester.

What is the difference between an orientation course and orientation required for Internet and telecourses?
The orientation course requirement is fulfilled by the SDEV 0370 or EDUC 1300 course. The Internet courses and telecourses require students to email their instructors, access a website, or attend a meeting on campus. Follow the specific instructions listed under the course and section in which you are enrolled.

Where can I register by computer?
New, transfer and former students will be registered through the Group Advisem*nt process during New Student Orientation. Once you have been advised, you may register by using any computer with access to the Internet. The college recommends that you use the Internet since it allows you to print your schedule and a tuition bill. The Welcome Center (Palomino Center, Room 103) provides computers you can use and staff who are available to assist you.

Who is my advisor? Can I see an advisor if I have some general questions to ask first?
Students who have questions about the registration process and do not know where to begin, you can go to the Welcome Center in the Palomino Center, Room 103 or call 210-486-3100.

What is my ACES User Name and Password?

When using the online registration system at, you can access information about your username and password. You can also call 210-486-3777 for assistance.

Will someone help me fill out my FAFSA? Can I apply for financial aid at anytime during the semester and what if I do not qualify for any assistance?
Yes, the Student Financial Services Office will assist you in completing your FAFSA. The college encourages students to submit their application online through Computers and staff are available in the Welcome Advising Center to assist you in completing FAFSA online. Priority time to apply for a FAFSA is May 1 for Fall applicants and November 1 for Spring applicants If you apply after that time, you must make arrangements to make your tuition and fees payment by other means because any financial aid you receive may arrive after the payment deadline.

A student can still apply for the FAFSA after the semester has already started to determine if they are eligible for Pell reimbursem*nt. If a student does not qualify for a Pell grant, then the student can inquire with the Student Financial Services Office about information regarding other available grants, federal work-study, student loans and scholarships. Summer applications are separate and available on April 1. To avoid being dropped from your classes, be prepared to make other payment arrangements (i.e., out of pocket) before the tuition payment deadline.

Institutional and external scholarships are available through numerous sources. The first step should be to check with PAC’s Student Financial Services Office and the Center for Academic Transitions for scholarships and deadlines. You can also check with other resources such as high school, employer, clubs and organizations, and the Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation. Information is available on the PAC website at

When do I have to pay?
Payment information is located in theRegistrationLink on the left navigation bar. Pay close attention - your registration is cancelled if you do not meet the deadline. Several payment options are available.

Students may pay online by credit card. Those wishing to pay in person must see the Bursar’s Office in the Palomino Center. Students seeking financial aid should work directly with Student Financial Services to determine eligibility, award amount and payment status.


… a campus map
Campus map is located online.

… a catalog?
A catalog contains policies, regulations, procedures, and course content. It contains prerequisites and other requirements to enroll in a course. A catalog is available on the College’s website at No printed copies are available for students.

… a copy of my bill?
Bills can be accessed online through your ACES account. The Welcome Center can help you locate and print your bill.

… a copy of my transcript?
A student may request a transcript online through the ACES account by clicking on the Student tab.

A request to have a transcript sent to another college or university may be ordered by filling out the online transcript request available through the ACES website.

… a copy of my schedule?
Copies of schedules can be obtained online through your ACESaccount or in the Welcome Advising Center (Palomino Center, Room 103).

… a student bus card?
Student Discount Bus IDs are available starting the first week of the semester in the Bursar Office in the Palomino Center.

… my textbooks for classes?
Textbooks and supplies are available at the Palo Alto College bookstore in the Student Center, area bookstores and online through various websites. Be sure you are purchasing the correct book and edition for the course and section in which you are enrolled.

… access to computers to use for my class assignments?
The Ozuna Learning & Library Center has working labs where students are able to access e-mail, type and print papers, work on Internet classes, and more.

… childcare? Are there childcare tuition scholarships?

The Ray Ellison Family Center is the on-site child care program for the Palo Alto College community. It is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Care is provided for children ages 21 months to 5 years of age. Flexible schedules are available. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. (Open Monday-Thursday only during summer sessions.) Teachers are trained and certified in the field of Early Childhood Education or related fields as well as First Aid/CPR. Enrollment is on a semester basis. Limited financial assistance is available for students; applications are available at the Center and must be submitted each semester. For more information call 210-486-3500 or visit our

Back to Top | Print-Friendly Page (opens a new window)

Add to Publication (opens a new window)

PAC Registration Tips - Palo Alto College (2024)
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Dan Stracke

Last Updated:

Views: 6000

Rating: 4.2 / 5 (43 voted)

Reviews: 90% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Dan Stracke

Birthday: 1992-08-25

Address: 2253 Brown Springs, East Alla, OH 38634-0309

Phone: +398735162064

Job: Investor Government Associate

Hobby: Shopping, LARPing, Scrapbooking, Surfing, Slacklining, Dance, Glassblowing

Introduction: My name is Dan Stracke, I am a homely, gleaming, glamorous, inquisitive, homely, gorgeous, light person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.